Website Feedback

Cultural Facilities Operational Support Grant

Cultural Facilities Operational Support Grant

The Cultural Facilities Operational Support Grant will provide operational funding to Cultural Not-for-Profit organizations within the City of Kawartha Lakes, who offer community cultural initiatives to residents and visitors. These initiatives play a pivotal role in developing cultural, place based activities, learning opportunities, thus sharing and celebrating the arts, culture and heritage assets within the City of Kawartha Lakes.

Application intake closed.

Quick links

Program guidelines

Important: Refer to the program guidelines for full details on eligibility criteria, reporting and program requirements.

Image of staff

Connect with the team

Donna Goodwin

Economic Development Officer - Arts and Culture
705-324-9411 extension 1498

 Funding available

The fund has a total of $200,000 available in 2024. Applicants can request up to 25% of the organization’s eligible fixed costs up to a maximum of $20,000, whichever comes first.

Program goals

The City of Kawartha Lakes (City) acknowledges the efforts of Cultural Not-for-Profits, such as museums, historical societies, and performance centres in the community. The City wishes to provide financial assistance to support the valuable work completed to preserve, present, and educate residents and visitors about the varied cultural offerings found in the City. This funding program is built on the three themes of the Cultural Master Plan; provide operating support, is equitable, and performance based.

Eligible organizations include those that undertake initiatives that address the strategic priorities within the City of Kawartha Lakes Strategic Plan, Cultural Master Plan, or associated plans and policies.

While supporting the operational costs of the organizations, the program will also help to solidify partnerships with cultural not-for-profit organizations for the betterment of the cultural and economic vibrancy of the city municipality; supporting their contribution to the community while ensuring the organizations retain their independence.

This funding is available to Cultural Not-for-Profit organization that have a facility in Kawartha Lakes from which they offer public programing.

Program timelines




April 30, 2024

Interim Report

October 10, 2024

Final Report

January 15, 2025

Application process

Organizations are limited to one funding request per calendar year.

  • Applications must be submitted on or before the application deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
  • Must demonstrate alignment with the City of Kawartha Lakes Strategic Plan, Cultural Master Plan or related municipal priorities.
  • Clearly demonstrate the organizations mandate and initiatives, as an Arts, Culture and/or Heritage organization operating a facility in the city, to provide valuable cultural resource or service to the municipality and its residents.  Cultural resources are activities that enhance the community through the area of artistic, historical and/or theatrical achievement.
  • Provide required documentation including:
    • Previous year audited or approved financial statements (profit & loss statements are acceptable if audited financial statements are unavailable)
    • Current year organization budget
    • Organization’s Board or Council motion that confirms support of the funding request
    • Letters or emails that confirm partnerships outlined in the application.
    • Proof of legal status (letters patent/incorporation documents, constitution or bylaws)

There is a 10% holdback in funding. The first 90% of the approved funding is dispersed upon the project approval. The remaining 10% is dispersed upon approval of your final report.

Program administration

The Kawartha Lakes Economic Development Division administers the Cultural Facilities Operational Support Grant as per the Economic Development Fund Policy.

An internal review committee reviews applications and are approved by the Director of Development Services.  Successful applicants are announced through a news release and posted on the municipal website.

Contact Us