Website Feedback

Development Applications

The Planning and Development division of our Development Services department is responsible for processing the following development applications. Please note while we review and update our development Application forms and guides, and notwithstanding the number of copies previously required, please submit the following:

  • One (1) original signed Application form, duly commissioned
  • One (1) copy of the signed, commissioned Application form
  • Two (2) copies of all supplementary information (i.e. Site plan, Sketch, Parcel Register, Planning Justification Report, Environmental Impact Study, etc.)
  • An electronic submission containing the above on a USB flash drive, or using a file share service (i.e. ZendTo, etc.)

Consent (Severance)

Step 1: Consult with Planning Staff through a Consent Inquiry process

Step 2: Submit a Consent Application

Minor Variance

Step 1: Consult with Planning Staff through a Pre-Screening process

Pre-Screening allows staff to assess the merits of the proposed variances, and determine whether your development proposal could benefit from a preliminary review; or, whether it is a candidate to proceed directly to the Minor Variance Application process; or, whether a different Planning Application more appropriately addresses the development proposal. If further review is recommended, a Pre-Screening fee may apply.

As part of the Pre-Screening, staff will explain the application process – how to apply, what supporting material you must submit (e.g. sketches, plans, building location survey), if there are any requirements for special studies set out in the Official Plan and Zoning By-Law, and what other permits (e.g. building permits) and approvals may be required.

Step 2: Submit a Minor Variance Application

Official Plan Amendment


Preconsultation is required prior to submission of a development application for Official Plan Amendment, Zoning By-law Amendment, and Plan of Subdivision or Condominium.

Site Plan

Subdivision, Condominium and Official Plan

Zoning By-law Amendment (Rezoning)

Other Applications

The Planning Division also reviews the following development applications:

  • Condominium Conversion

  • Deeming By-law

  • Part Lot Control

Development application forms can be obtained by contacting the Planning Division.

Contact Us