Website Feedback

Child Care Fee Subsidy

Do you have a child or children under the age of 13 who requires licensed child care because you are working, attending school or training?

Do you or your child have special needs?

Do you live in Kawartha Lakes or the County of Haliburton?

Do you require financial assistance for child care?

If you answered "yes" to any of the above, you may be eligible for the Child Care Fee Subsidy.

How do I apply?

  • First, decide which licensed child care program you want your child or children to attend. Contact the program to confirm there is space available;
  • Once you've confirmed your space, call 1-877-324-9870 extension 3 or apply for the Child Care Fee Subsidy online;
  • A Child Care Needs Assessor will contact you within two business days to book an appointment to determine your eligibility.

How do you determine what I will pay for child care?

A Child Care Needs Assessor will use your Notice of Assessment or Canada Child Tax Benefit Statement to complete an income test.

What happens when you approve my application?

  • We send a letter to the child care program informing them when your child or children can start and how much you'll be paying;
  • You enroll your child or children in the program.

What if there is no funding available?

If there is no immediate subsidy funding available, we put applicants on a waiting list until funding becomes available.

Please e-mail Social Services to keep us informed of any changes in your circumstances. Our staff will review your information once every year.

Contact Us

Social Services Lindsay Office
322 Kent Street West, Lindsay ON K9V 4S7
T. 705-324-9870
Toll Free: 1-877-324-9870
F. 705-328-2875
Email Social Services
Map this location