Construction, Roadwork and Closures

Road Closures

View current closures and subscribe for road closure updates through our Newsroom page.

Interactive Roadwork Map

Ministry of Transportation

The Ministry of Transportation Southern Highways Program outlines plans for construction on Ministry of Transportation Ontario roads in our area.

There are four provincial highways with segments in Kawartha Lakes:

  • Highway 35
  • Highway 115
  • Highway 7A
  • Highway 7

These highways and their intersections with municipal roads are the responsibility of the Ministry of Transportation Ontario. The Ministry usually tenders maintenance operations to private contractors.

All provincial highways within the municipality are currently tendered to Carillion Canada Inc.

Carillion Canada Inc.
6611 Highway 7,
Cavan Monaghan, Ontario

You will find Ministry of Transportation contact information on their website.

Major Projects

You can visit the Major Projects section of our website to find more information about ongoing construction projects.

Fenelon Landfill Construction

 The Fenelon Landfill Phase II and Final Cover Construction Project will begin onsite starting Monday July 25, 2017 until the end of August. The project is to cover areas of the landfill that have reached final contours of waste and prepare a new area for landfilling. We will work to keep any disruption of service to a minimum. Customers are asked to stay clear of any construction areas and follow directions provided by landfill attendants and signs. More information about landfills is available on the Waste and Recycling section of our website.

 Applications and forms

To request an Oversize Load Permit please contact Public Works 

Municipal Consent

Utility companies require Municipal Consent in order to make installations within the City of Kawartha Lakes right-of way. Approval of a Municipal Consent is only granted to utility companies, commissions, agencies and private applicants, who have the authority to construct, operate and maintain their infrastructure within the City right-of-way.

All utility work within the City requires Municipal Consent from the Engineering department and a Road-Occupancy Permit from the Public Works department. With the exception of emergency work, no installations shall begin before Municipal Consent has been received. Companies must provide formal, detailed drawings for review that show where the utility will be placed.

Please contact the Engineering division to start the process of submitting a Municipal Consent Application.

Contact Us

Roads T. 705-324-9411
After hours municipal emergencies 1-877-885-7337