Website Feedback

By-Law and Municipal Law Enforcement

The Municipal Law Enforcement division is responsible for investigation and enforcement of City by-laws.

To file a complaint, please fill out a Municipal Law Enforcement general complaint form.

Find out how to pay a ticket or fine.

Pets and animal services

Visit the animal services section of our website to find out about:

  • lost and found pets
  • wildlife
  • reporting a dead animal
  • livestock predation
  • kennel licensing
  • the Humane Society
  • animal licenses and dog tags
  • fishing and hunting


Visit the parking section of our website to find out about parking by-laws. 

Property standards

Municipal Law Enforcement is responsible for investigating and enforcing the Property Standards By-Law.

Property standards complaints must be sent to the Municipal Law Enforcement Office in writing. To make a complaint you must provide your full name, address, phone number and a description of the problem. You can submit a property standards complaint online or in person.

Complaints are confidential until such time as the complainant may be asked to testify in support of the complaint.

Taxi and limousines 

All taxicab and limousine companies licensed to operate within Kawartha Lakes must have their vehicles inspected and approved in accordance with By-law 2013-198. Visit the applications, licenses and permits section of our website, call 705-324-9411 extension 1212 or E-Mail Municipal Law Enforcement for more information.

Contact Us