Website Feedback

Commissioner of Oaths

The Commissioners for taking Affidavits Act allows Municipal Clerks and other Officials to take various types of declarations and to administer oaths. There is a fee for Commissioner of Oath services.

A Commissioner of Oaths is not the same as a Notary Public. The City does not provide Notary Public services. If your document requires the signature of a Notary Public or you require certified true copies of a document you will need to contact a private lawyer or other Notary Public.

Commissioning Services are available at the following locations:

City Hall (Lindsay) Customer Services or City Clerk's Office 

City Hall, 26 Francis Street, Lindsay

705-324-9411 ext. 0

Bobcaygeon Municipal Service Centre 

123 East Street South, Bobcaygeon

705-324-9411 ext. 0

Coboconk Municipal Service Centre

9 Grandy Road, Coboconk

705-324-9411 ext. 0

Omemee Municipal Service Centre

1 King Street West, Omemee

705-324-9411 ext. 0

Other Non-Municipal Options

Commissioning Services may also be available at your local:

We recommend that you contact us before your visit to confirm that your document can be commissioned by a City Commissioner. We cannot always guarantee that we can commission documents until we see them. City Staff who are Commissioners reserve the right to refuse commissioning services of any document.


If you have a document or affidavit to be signed by a commissioner of oaths please ensure:

  • You have not signed the document - the document must be signed by the same individual(s) who will be taking the oath in the presence of the Commissioner. If the document requires two individuals to take the oath both parties must be present;
  • You present an original piece of government issued photo identification such as a valid driver's licence or passport (copies will not be accepted);
  • The document does not require a notary (The City does not provide this service);
  • You have completed the document prior to signing - no information can be added after the Commission has signed and stamped the documents;
  • You have read and understand the contents of the document prior to your declaration;
  • The document is written in English.


There is an $11.90 fee for each request. You can pay by cash, debit, cheque or credit card. Pension documents may be commissioned at no charge.


Contact Us